Monday, April 9, 2012

Zombie Day!

08 04 12

It's Easter Sunday and chocolate is everywhere! My impeccable hosts have got me a big chocolate bunny - which is going to make the end of this month even sweeter, as I KNOW everyone else will be out of Easter chocolate by then!*

At no small expense, my Easter bunny has bought me animal-free treats. Normal treats aren't cheap when you're doing it the vegan way; and sadly, they're also not as tasty. It's good, just not as good. (And right now, I'm just STOKED I've got chocolate to eat!)

Now, I love dark chocolate as much as the next dairy deprived person, but I'm pretty sure the vegans I've talked to have been without real chocolate for so long they actually believe themselves when they say vegan chocolate is "soooooooo yum!"

There's just something a little bit rough about chocolate that doesn't have any dairy in it. It seems to be lacking the creaminess that helps regular chocolate taste so fantastic. But how can I not love these treats! It's the thought that counts right? And the bunny has gone out of his way (and pocket!) this year, just so I wouldn't be missing out. For that alone I adore my Zombie Day chocolate. I just hope all the children in the world who are raised by vegans don't know what they're missing!


*I was warned my bunny might not make it to the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment