Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Friday

06 04 12

We arrive at the dairy farm late last night and are greeted with the smell of cooked ham. It's sitting on the bench in all its glory. I immediately spill about the intended month of no meat. The head of the house immediately announces that veganism "sounds stupid". Right now I'm tired, achy and grumpy - so I have to agree. The good news is I don't have to sleep outside.

When I wake up the aching has subsided, but I'm ridiculously tired. Being Good Friday, there is no end to hot crossed buns and other great aromas which for me will remain just that.

I've also found out why I was advised to take my Spirulina tablets by swallowing them immediately with a large glass of water. Today I didn't have a glass of water ready, so the tablets sat in my mouth for about 8 seconds.

They taste like poo and fish mixed with dirt.


I don't eat any seafood. Ever. It tastes like poison to me (I know - I'm a bad New Zealander) So of those three tastes, the dirt came as a relief. I can't wait until I can pop my one-a-day Centrum again. Vegans, you can keep this four-a-day Spirulina thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment