Monday, April 30, 2012

One more sleep?

30 04 12

Today my wisdom teeth started aching. Add this to my suspected gastro and for the first time in about 6 years I found myself having a sick day. The advice? With gastro, if the symptoms are going to fully present, it'll happen within 72 hours.

My 72 hours is up tomorrow. That means the first of May will either be a joyful day of food, or a miserable vegan bonus day.

I haven't eaten much in the past couple of days; but tomorrow has been planned since the beginning. Steak for breakfast; Bacon and egg pie for lunch; Roast chicken for dinner. I'll be disappointed if May starts without all the food I've been dreaming of for a month, but there's no point eating anything if it won't stay in my body.

For tonight I will attempt to eat dinner. Not just any dinner mind you. For the last meal in my vegan experience, we are having tofu stir fry.

I wasn't kidding when I said I hate tofu. But we figure it's the best way to round out this experience; that and we're gonna fry the hell out of it to try to reduce that horrible spongy texture.

Sadly, this didn't prove successful. I managed to eat a couple of pieces, then ate around the rest. That rubbery, chewy consistency gets me every time.

So now it's a waiting game, and I'm not feeling too flash. One more sleep, or two. Either way, the end is nigh. THANK GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment