Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Last Supper(s)

31 03 12

After making this decision on a whim (which is how all the best decisions are made!) I've spent the last three days of March contemplating how I'm going to survive April, while assessing my food requirements sans animals. Lets face it, I have very little knowledge about how to survive (in a healthy way) without animal products.

What I do know, however, is that today is going be an indulgence of all things meat and dairy.


Breakfast:

My beloved bacon (I think I'll miss you the most). Eggs, and a glass of milk. That's three animals covered right there. And yes, the onions and mushrooms were cooked in the greasy goodness the bacon left behind.
















Lunch:

Ham, & cheese. No bread or crackers in sight. I just scoffed them by the slice; accompanied by chocolate milk.


















Afternoon Tea:

First, I ate a bag of chewy, gelatin based lollies. Then it was time for a couple of eye-fillet steaks. I wine matched this with beer.









For dinner: We're off to a sushi party tonight. It's one more night of thoughtless good times before the concentration begins. Cue the ninjas and the sake.

(Meanwhile, a much loved family member is in town for a few days and has invited anyone who can make it to a BBQ at a friends house. I've only just begun this crazy little quest and I'm not sure how I'll handle a social situation where an abundance of food will be present. This is something I was hoping to avoid until at least week two, but I can't pass up the chance to catch up with a family favourite! I'll take my chances and hope the novelty of "day one" sees me through!)

No comments:

Post a Comment