Sunday, April 29, 2012

A weighty issue.

21 04 12

At the beginning of the month there was a lot of talk surrounding my weight. I'm not by any means a big person, so some people were concerned I'd become a waif.

I laughed and assured everyone that wouldn't happen. To keep track, I decided to weigh myself throughout the process to see if there is any difference.

It's easy to see how people could lose weight when they become vegan.  Suddenly having no dairy in your diet is sure to make a massive difference - right?

I'm also an avid consumer of sugar filled confections. My favourite lollies are chewy ones, most of which have an animal derivative to help make them chewy, so I've had to give them up too.  Add that on top of the meat and dairy and it should - as many would perceive it - have been enough to set my weight on a downward trend.

But since forgoing animal related products I have upped my carbohydrate intake, and I've probably overcompensated. I just figured that without cheese and meat, I'd probably struggle on the energy front.

Results? At three weeks in the difference is a shocking 300grams, or as one person at work said; "That's the difference between a good before and after!"

Before and after what, I'll let you decide.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment